Are there a few educators in your community who you can invite to see RSCON3 from your living room or community center? We hope you will consider hosting a viewing party, which offers a unique opportunity to gather educators, have some great professional development, and make it fun!
Hosting a Viewing Party
Register your event on the RSCON3 MeetUp Everywhere page and tweet @RSCON3 to let us know and publicize your event.
Consider the following tips:
- Have a way for your computer to hook-up to your television and open the Elluminate rooms during your presentation!
- Make it a BYOD (Bring your own drink) and Potluck (Everyone brings some food)
- Schedule to watch a keynote and a few presentations
- Take breaks to discuss what was seen
- Allow the use of smartphones and have folks tweet during the conference using the hashtag, #RSCON3
- Let us know about your viewing party by tweeting @RSCON3 and we will publicize it and even give your viewing party a shout-out during the conference!
- Have participants blog about the experience using a group Posterous account or gather information on a Google Doc.
We hope you will join us for the big day and spread the word!