Thank you so much for offering to present at the Reform Symposium free e-conference for educators worldwide. We want to ensure your presentation runs as smoothly as possible during the event. Therefore, we are working with Keynote speakers, Jo Hart and Phil Hart, in offering a free Elluminate training session. You will learn how to set-up your audio and video, what formats are supported for your presentation, what kinds of video formats are supported, how the audience can participate, and more. We will answer your questions on how to be able to do what you envision during your presentation. Please choose one of the dates and times to enter the Elluminate room:
- Friday, July 23rd at 3pm PDT LA/ 6pm NYC/ 11pm London/ Sat. 6am Perth/ Sat. 8am in Aus Eastern States. Please check your time zone here.
- Saturday, July 24th at 9pm PDT LA/ 12am NYC/ Sun. 5am London/ Sun. 12 midday Perth/ 2 pm in Aus Eastern States. Please check your time zone here.
- Monday, July 26th at 3am PDT LA/ 6am NYC/ 11am London/ 6pm Perth time/ 8pm in Aus Eastern States. Please check your time zone here.
At the chosen time, please click on this link to join the Elluminate and Presentation Tips training. Please write in your name then click login. A window will begin to download and may take a few minutes. Java software is needed (it’s a free download). If you experience problems, please follow these steps:
- Click on this link, http://www.elluminate.com/support, to go to the Elluminate support website – this will check whether you have the Java software that you need. If you do not have the software it will take you through the steps to download and install the software.
- If the link does not work when you click then copy and paste it into your browser address bar
- Once the Java is in your computer then follow the instructions to the configuration room to set up your connection speed and headset (or microphone and speakers). The steps you need to follow are shown on the whiteboard.
What to Expect on the Presentation Day
On the presentation day:
- you will have an Elluminate room link assigned for your presentation thanks to Steve Hargadon and Elluminate.
- you will have a moderator assigned to your room to help with tech problems and to facilitate the audience participation and discussion
- please be in your room and upload your presentation at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled time
- please be sure you have the correct time zone and date for your presentation
- please make sure you have a webcam and microphone and that this is set-up
- make sure your presentation is 1MB or less
- your presentation will be recorded for others to view later
- the audience will be able to ask you questions through a chat box or live if they have audio
We will contact you with the details of your presentation time, webinar link, and the name and contact information of your moderator.
Please read this pdf with tips on uploading your presentation in Elluminate!
We encourage you to please attend one of these sessions so it will run smoothly!
We are so excited that you will be joining us! We have nearly 300 educators worldwide signed up for the event! Please, register on this website and begin to blog and upload materials to let the audience know what you will be presenting about. Feel free to use the hashtag #rscon1 to publicize your materials! Some of you have already done this and are getting educators excited about your event!
Here is what an Elluminate session looked like with Harold Rheingold to give you an idea of what this virtual conference looks like: